Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's That Flu Shot Time of Year


Well, I'm back (have been for a while) from New York and finally have a couple of photos to share. It was a beautiful wedding and reception. Ames and I had a wonderful time.The weather was beautiful. The reception was at an old bank that is now Cipriani 42nd Street. Fantastic.I got to spend a nice bit of time with Erik and Solvar, my cousins from Norway. This photo of them was taken at the rehearsal dinner. Erik speaks English very well and Solvar and I communicated amazingly well using her limited English, some signs and the few words I know in Norwegian. They tried to talk me into spending a year teaching English in Trondheim. I have to admit I'm very tempted! I also got to see my cousin Sherise, who lives in Florida, and her brother Brian and wife Laura from SF and my aunt Shirley from Connecticut.We stayed at the Waldorf=Astoria (thanks, Dad!), I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (twice!) and after Amy arrived we did a bit of window-shopping. No yarn stores but I did make a waterbottle holder and started a pair of socks. No pix of those, though. Hey! Get a flu shot!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, it just looks like a beautiful wedding. I hope the marriage is just as great! Yeah that flu shot is looming for me as well, last year was my first year but being in a school makes it so essential. You look great in the pictures by the way. What's your secret :)
Linz

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home